Sunday, December 28, 2008

Birds Of A Feather , Flock Together

(Please click on these pictures to enlarge , they're amazing.)

I was out in my yard one morning

watching as all of these birds were

flocking together in one tree.

This is one of my favorite things

to watch.

At first they saw me with my dogs

inching closer & closer with the

camera and they all flew away

at the same time & then they ,

as if on cue , returned to their

same original spot all at once .

They sat, chattered , and preened .

Every time I see this I am amazed . It all seems so organized . Who is the leader of this flock ? It did not seem obvious to me. What kind of signal do they get to all get up and fly at once ?

So , after such a big display I have to wonder ..... what do they do for the rest of the day ??? Do they fly a couple of miles til they see just the right tree & then start their show again for someone else who may be standing silently just as I was ?
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow, those pictures are just awsome!

BittersweetPunkin said...

That is wonderful isn't it??? Great photos!

hugs,
robin

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I have seen birds do that also - they will go right back to the same tree. Happy New Year!
Glenda

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Fab pics!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Beautiful pictures!! xo Lidy

Donna said...

Sue, these photos are incredible! Thanks for visiting Spotty on my blog... Yes, he does seek attention! ha ha... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage